Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Boehner invites Obama to give State of the Union
Friday - 1/11/2013, 3:38pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) has invited President Barack Obama to deliver the State of the Union speech on Feb. 12.
In a letter sent Friday, Boehner says the country faces immense challenges and Americans expect the Congress and White House to work together on solutions. Boehner says cooperation will require, quote, a "willingness to seek common ground as well as presidential leadership."
The White House says it has accepted the invitation.
The Ohio Republican says the president can present his plan and specific solutions at a joint session of Congress in the House chamber.
Last year, Obama delivered the State of the Union speech on Jan. 24.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)