Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Wednesday - 11/21/2012, 12:25pm EST
(AP) - The following recall has been announced:
DETAILS: Foam Pumpkin Turkey Craft Kits imported by Jo-Ann Stores Inc. of Hudson, Ohio, and manufactured by Ningbo Golden Time Gifts and Crafts of China; sold exclusively at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores nationwide from August to October 2012. The adult seasonal craft item, when assembled, resembles a turkey with a pumpkin-shaped body. Before assembly, the product resembles a pumpkin that has been cut in half. The kit comes with various foam pieces that are used to decorate the outer pumpkin shell and has six small magnets that hold the pieces together.
WHY: Magnets holding the pumpkin shell pieces together can become loose, posing an ingestion hazard to young children. If swallowed, these magnets can link together inside a child's intestines and clamp onto body tissues, causing intestinal obstructions, perforations, sepsis and death. Internal injury from magnets can pose serious lifelong health effects.
INCIDENTS: None reported.
HOW MANY: About 1,800.
FOR MORE: Contact Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores at 888-739-4120 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, or visit the firm's website online at http://www.joann.com/productrecall.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)