Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
White House congratulates Greece on elections
Sunday - 6/17/2012, 5:07pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House is congratulating the Greek people for holding that country's election in difficult times.
The statement from the press secretary called on Greece to quickly form a new government that can make "timely progress" on the economic challenges facing the Greek people. The White House called on Greece to remain in "the euro area while respecting a commitment to reform."
The White House promised to engage Greece in the spirit of partnership" that has long guided the alliance between U.S. and Greece.
The New Democracy party came in first in Greece's election Sunday and immediately proposed forming a pro-euro coalition government _ a development that eased, at least briefly, deep fears that the vote would unleash new economic woes.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)