Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
White House congratulates Greece on elections
Sunday - 6/17/2012, 5:07pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House is congratulating the Greek people for holding that country's election in difficult times.
The statement from the press secretary called on Greece to quickly form a new government that can make "timely progress" on the economic challenges facing the Greek people. The White House called on Greece to remain in "the euro area while respecting a commitment to reform."
The White House promised to engage Greece in the spirit of partnership" that has long guided the alliance between U.S. and Greece.
The New Democracy party came in first in Greece's election Sunday and immediately proposed forming a pro-euro coalition government _ a development that eased, at least briefly, deep fears that the vote would unleash new economic woes.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)