Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Recall: Bugaboo strollers with handle problem
Wednesday - 3/27/2013, 6:16pm EDT
(AP) - BUGABOO CAMELEON3 STROLLERS
DETAILS: The strollers were manufactured in China by Bugaboo International B.V. of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and imported by Bugaboo Americas of El Segundo, Calif. The stroller has an aluminum and plastic frame with rubberized wheels, a removable seat and bassinet, a removable "U"-shaped carry handle, an under-the-seat storage bag and a sun canopy. Strollers included in the recall have serial numbers from 19010 11153 00001 to 19010 51248 00215. They were sold by Buy Buy Baby, Toys R Us and other baby product stores nationwide, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, online at Bugaboo.com and other online retailers from September 2012 to March 2013 for between $889 and $1,600.
WHY: The stroller's carrying handle can break and detach, thus posing a fall hazard. The removable carry handle is used to transport the bassinet or seat separately from the chassis.
INCIDENTS: Bugaboo has received 16 reports of carry handles breaking. No injuries have been reported.
HOW MANY: About 9,200 in the U.S. and 960 in Canada.
FOR MORE: Contact Bugaboo Americas at 1-800-460-2922, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday, at e-mail serviceus(at)bugaboo.com or online at http://www.bugaboo.com, and click on "Important Safety Announcements" at the bottom left of the page for more information.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)