Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Obama to name Bryson as Commerce head
Tuesday - 5/31/2011, 1:07pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - A White House official says President Barack Obama will nominate businessman John Bryson to lead the Commerce Department.
Bryson is the former chairman and CEO of Edison International, a California-based energy company. Bryson was also the co-founder for the Natural Resources Defense Council and a member of a United Nation's advisory group on energy and climate change.
If confirmed by the Senate, Bryson would replace outgoing Commerce Secretary Gary Locke. Obama nominated Locke to serve as ambassador to China.
Obama will announce Bryson's nomination at the White House later Tuesday. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to discuss the appointment ahead of the president.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)