Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Obama to name Bryson as Commerce head
Tuesday - 5/31/2011, 1:07pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - A White House official says President Barack Obama will nominate businessman John Bryson to lead the Commerce Department.
Bryson is the former chairman and CEO of Edison International, a California-based energy company. Bryson was also the co-founder for the Natural Resources Defense Council and a member of a United Nation's advisory group on energy and climate change.
If confirmed by the Senate, Bryson would replace outgoing Commerce Secretary Gary Locke. Obama nominated Locke to serve as ambassador to China.
Obama will announce Bryson's nomination at the White House later Tuesday. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to discuss the appointment ahead of the president.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)