Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
U of Arizona official named to Smithsonian post
Monday - 3/16/2009, 5:22pm EDT
Smithsonian Secretary Wayne Clough announced Monday that Judith E. Leonard will take over as general counsel on June 1.
Leonard, the University of Arizona's vice president of legal affairs, succeeds John Huerta, who retired in September. The general counsel's office, consisting of 17 lawyers and support staff, manages outside counsel and coordinates litigation with the Department of Justice.
Leonard previously served as staff attorney at the U.S. Department of Education and as associate counsel at the University of North Carolina.
The salary for the Smithsonian's general counsel position is being reduced under compensation reforms to align with the government pay scale.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)