Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
U of Arizona official named to Smithsonian post
Monday - 3/16/2009, 5:22pm EDT
Smithsonian Secretary Wayne Clough announced Monday that Judith E. Leonard will take over as general counsel on June 1.
Leonard, the University of Arizona's vice president of legal affairs, succeeds John Huerta, who retired in September. The general counsel's office, consisting of 17 lawyers and support staff, manages outside counsel and coordinates litigation with the Department of Justice.
Leonard previously served as staff attorney at the U.S. Department of Education and as associate counsel at the University of North Carolina.
The salary for the Smithsonian's general counsel position is being reduced under compensation reforms to align with the government pay scale.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)