Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
U of Arizona official named to Smithsonian post
Monday - 3/16/2009, 5:22pm EDT
Smithsonian Secretary Wayne Clough announced Monday that Judith E. Leonard will take over as general counsel on June 1.
Leonard, the University of Arizona's vice president of legal affairs, succeeds John Huerta, who retired in September. The general counsel's office, consisting of 17 lawyers and support staff, manages outside counsel and coordinates litigation with the Department of Justice.
Leonard previously served as staff attorney at the U.S. Department of Education and as associate counsel at the University of North Carolina.
The salary for the Smithsonian's general counsel position is being reduced under compensation reforms to align with the government pay scale.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)