Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Del. art collector giving 100 paintings to charity
Sunday - 3/9/2014, 2:41pm EDT
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) -- A Delaware art collector is donating more than 100 original artworks to Habitat for Humanity of New Castle County to be auctioned off this week to benefit the charity.
The News Journal (http://delonline.us/1fXuZAT ) reports collector Dick Poole and his wife, Elisa, will have their works auctioned off Friday at the University of Delaware's Wilmington campus.
The sale comes after Poole was diagnosed with advanced intestinal cancer. He says his art collection from travels in Europe, South America and Asia has been a consolation for him.
Many of the works were previously on display at the couple's AerieArt Gallery in Rehoboth Beach until it closed un 2012. The collection includes many works by Delaware artists including Jack Lewis, Ralph Scharff, Carol Balick and Jeanette Slocomb Edwards.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.