Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Musical 'Book of Mormon' breaks record in Atlanta
Tuesday - 2/11/2014, 3:14am EST
AP Drama Writer
NEW YORK (AP) -- "The Book of Mormon" has a new reason to boast: It just set the record for the highest weekly gross in history for a national tour.
The musical took in $2,802,606 over eight shows for the week ending Sunday at Atlanta's 4,678-seat Fox Theatre. It takes the crown from "Wicked," which had a one-week gross of $2,755,070 at the Fabulous Fox Theatre in St. Louis in 2012.
"The Book of Mormon" by "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and "Avenue Q" composer Robert Lopez tells the story of two Mormon missionaries sent to Uganda.
"The Book of Mormon" won nine Tony Awards in 2011, including best musical. The show also won a Grammy Award and recouped its $11.4 million capitalization after just nine months.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.