Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Fred Armisen to lead band on Meyers' 'Late Night'
Tuesday - 2/11/2014, 7:10am EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- Seth Meyers says former comedy colleague Fred Armisen will lead the band when he takes over NBC's "Late Night."
Meyers tweeted Monday that his former "Saturday Night Live" castmate will "curate and lead" the band and run it even while shooting his IFC comedy series "Portlandia." NBC confirms the news.
Armisen is best known as a comic performer from "Portlandia" and his decade at "SNL." But he began show business as a drummer, principally for the punk-rock band Trenchmouth in the 1990s.
He will handle vocals and guitar for "Late Night's" 8G Band. Other players include Seth Jabour on guitar, Syd Butler on bass, Eli Janney on keyboards and Kimberly Thompson on drums.
"Late Night with Seth Meyers" premieres Feb. 24. "Portlandia" returns for its fourth season three days later.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.