Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Romney's son says he helped people in Utah crash
Sunday - 12/1/2013, 1:30pm EST
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Josh Romney says he was first on the scene after a vehicle crashed into a house Thanksgiving night in suburban Salt Lake, and he helped four people from the wreckage.
The son former presidential candidate Mitt Romney told the Salt Lake Tribune (http://bit.ly/1j1n8HV ) that an SUV came "right past our car and into a house."
He said he was on the way home with his wife and children from Thanksgiving dinner with his parents when the car slammed into the kitchen area of the Holladay home.
The paper reports that Romney said in a statement that he "was able to help each of them get out of the car and lift them down to the ground."
He also tweeted about the wreck Friday, along with a picture of himself next to the vehicle: "Was first on scene to big accident, see pic of car in the house. I lifted 4 people out to safety. All ok. Thankful."
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal confirmed Romney's presence and said the SUV driver had minor injuries. He said that the home was left "unlivable" but no one inside was hurt.
The Tribune reports that reactions on Twitter to Romney's tweet ranged from praise for helping in an emergency to criticism for posing for a photograph at an accident scene.
Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune, http://www.sltrib.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.