Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Fire hits Brazil's Latin America Memorial
Saturday - 11/30/2013, 2:40am EST
SAO PAULO (AP) -- The fire department of Brazil's biggest city says a fire swept through a large auditorium in Sao Paulo's Latin America Memorial, a political, cultural and leisure complex designed by famed architect Oscar Niemeyer.
Fire officials tell reporters that the 1,600-seat Simon Bolivar auditorium was empty at the time. Two firefighters had to be treated for smoke inhalation.
The extent of the damage Friday was not immediately known.
The memorial occupies an area of some 9,000 square feet and was inaugurated in 1989 to promote the cultural, political, social and economic integration of Latin America.
The headquarters of the Latin American Parliament is part of the memorial. It was not damaged by the fire.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.