Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Fire hits Brazil's Latin America Memorial
Saturday - 11/30/2013, 2:40am EST
SAO PAULO (AP) -- The fire department of Brazil's biggest city says a fire swept through a large auditorium in Sao Paulo's Latin America Memorial, a political, cultural and leisure complex designed by famed architect Oscar Niemeyer.
Fire officials tell reporters that the 1,600-seat Simon Bolivar auditorium was empty at the time. Two firefighters had to be treated for smoke inhalation.
The extent of the damage Friday was not immediately known.
The memorial occupies an area of some 9,000 square feet and was inaugurated in 1989 to promote the cultural, political, social and economic integration of Latin America.
The headquarters of the Latin American Parliament is part of the memorial. It was not damaged by the fire.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.