Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Actor Hugh Jackman treated for skin cancer on nose
Sunday - 11/24/2013, 6:34pm EST
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) -- "The Wolverine" star Hugh Jackman revealed he has been treated for skin cancer and shared a selfie showing his bandaged nose.
"Deb said to get the mark on my nose checked. Boy, was she right!" he wrote on Instagram, referring to his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness.
The 45-year-old Oscar-nominated Jackman said he had a basal cell carcinoma, a common form of skin cancer that is rarely fatal. The note he posted early Friday didn't say when his medical treatment took place.
"Please don't be foolish like me. Get yourself checked. And USE sunscreen!!!" he wrote.
Australia has the highest skin cancer rate in the world, and two in three Australians will be diagnosed before age 70, according to the national health department.
Jackman is an advocate for cancer research. He has revealed that when he asked his mother-in-law Fay Duncan -- president of the Fight Cancer Foundation in Australia -- for her blessing when he proposed to Furness, she told him that supporting the fight against cancer was one of the requirements to get that blessing.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.