Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Actor Hugh Jackman treated for skin cancer on nose
Sunday - 11/24/2013, 6:34pm EST
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) -- "The Wolverine" star Hugh Jackman revealed he has been treated for skin cancer and shared a selfie showing his bandaged nose.
"Deb said to get the mark on my nose checked. Boy, was she right!" he wrote on Instagram, referring to his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness.
The 45-year-old Oscar-nominated Jackman said he had a basal cell carcinoma, a common form of skin cancer that is rarely fatal. The note he posted early Friday didn't say when his medical treatment took place.
"Please don't be foolish like me. Get yourself checked. And USE sunscreen!!!" he wrote.
Australia has the highest skin cancer rate in the world, and two in three Australians will be diagnosed before age 70, according to the national health department.
Jackman is an advocate for cancer research. He has revealed that when he asked his mother-in-law Fay Duncan -- president of the Fight Cancer Foundation in Australia -- for her blessing when he proposed to Furness, she told him that supporting the fight against cancer was one of the requirements to get that blessing.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.