Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Foundation donates $5M to Utah Symphony drive
Sunday - 11/10/2013, 9:00pm EST
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- The George S. and Delores Dore Eccles Foundation has kicked off a major Utah Symphony/Utah Opera fundraising drive with a $5 million donation.
The donation was announced at a Utah Symphony concert on Friday night to launch the $20 million effort.
Called the Campaign for Perpetual Motion, the drive is intended to support an ambitious agenda that includes international touring and at least one recording project.
Utah Symphony/Utah Opera CEO Melia Tourangeau says major commitments to the drive have already been received from others.
Tourangeau says music director Thierry Fischer's vision is to help the orchestra achieve the prominence it enjoyed under Maurice Abravanel, its music director from 1947 to 1979. During that time, the orchestra made 110 recordings and toured three months of the year.
Utah Symphony/Utah Opera is planning a tour of Utah's five national parks for a week in August. The performances will be free.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.