Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
1,000 'screamers' wait for MTV red carpet stars
Monday - 11/11/2013, 6:46am EST
AMSTERDAM (AP) -- More than a thousand "screamers" -- overwhelmingly young female music fans -- have lined up on the edges of an arrivals hall to catch sight of their favorite stars ahead of the MTV EMAs.
Although the women were ushered to the edges of a red carpet through doors reading "Screamers' Entrance," their presence at the awards show is not entirely scripted.
Stephanie Strougo, a Brazilian-Dutch teenager, says auditions were held for two days in Amsterdam to win a slot. She says she had to pass a 30-second singing test "to prove my love of music."
Sunday's lineup includes performances by Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry and Bruno Mars. Strougo says she is most excited to see British singer-songwriter Rita Ora.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.