Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
1,000 'screamers' wait for MTV red carpet stars
Monday - 11/11/2013, 6:46am EST
AMSTERDAM (AP) -- More than a thousand "screamers" -- overwhelmingly young female music fans -- have lined up on the edges of an arrivals hall to catch sight of their favorite stars ahead of the MTV EMAs.
Although the women were ushered to the edges of a red carpet through doors reading "Screamers' Entrance," their presence at the awards show is not entirely scripted.
Stephanie Strougo, a Brazilian-Dutch teenager, says auditions were held for two days in Amsterdam to win a slot. She says she had to pass a 30-second singing test "to prove my love of music."
Sunday's lineup includes performances by Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry and Bruno Mars. Strougo says she is most excited to see British singer-songwriter Rita Ora.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.