Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Afrojack: It's fun hosting pop stars in Amsterdam
Sunday - 11/10/2013, 8:44am EST
AMSTERDAM (AP) -- DJ Afrojack, a Dutch native, says he's thoroughly enjoying playing host to some of the world's biggest pop stars, such as Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Bruno Mars, as they descend upon Amsterdam for the MTV European Music Awards.
Afrojack and Miley Cyrus were photographed chatting together Friday in The Greenhouse, one of the city's famed "coffee shops" -- where marijuana is sold openly alongside food and drinks.
"Someone took me to a certain place to drink some coffee and it was really interesting," he told reporters at a news conference Saturday.
Entertainer Redfoo, who is hosting Sunday's awards show, said he bumped into the pair, too, and "we had some good coffee."
Afrojack said he had walked past actor Will Ferrell exercising in a hotel gym Saturday morning, and it was surreal receiving calls from "stars reaching out to me saying 'where should we go tonight'?"
He said he didn't expect to win in the "Best Electronic" artist category against stars such as Daft Punk and Calvin Harris, and he didn't care.
"It was only six years ago I was riding my bike" to Amsterdam to play some of his first gigs, he said.
Cyrus, Thicke and Katy Perry are scheduled to perform Sunday, among others. Justin Timberlake and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are nominated for the most awards, with five each.
Separately, MTV announced rapper Eminem will attend the ceremony to receive the "Global Pop Icon" award.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.