Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
'Star Trek' actress Kate Mulgrew to publish memoir
Friday - 11/8/2013, 10:36am EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- Kate Mulgrew has figured out a way to introduce her two great passions, acting and writing, to each other: She's working on a memoir.
Little, Brown and Company announced a deal Thursday with Mulgrew, the actress known for her roles in "Star Trek: Voyager" and "Ryan's Hope." The 58-year-old Mulgrew will tell the story of being an unmarried mother who gave up her daughter for adoption during the start of her career, her reunion with her daughter in 2001 and "the costs and rewards of a passionate life."
The book is untitled and scheduled to come out in May 2015.
Mulgrew also stars in the Netflix series "Orange is the New Black" and has been in such stage productions as "Tea at Five" and "Equus."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.