Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Fla. jury in day 4 of deliberations in Taylor case
Monday - 11/4/2013, 12:19pm EST
MIAMI (AP) -- A South Florida jury struggling to reach a verdict has begun its fourth day of deliberations in the case of a man accused of fatally shooting Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor.
The 12-person panel resumed debate late Monday morning over the fate of 23-year-old Eric Rivera Jr. of Fort Myers. Some jurors last week said they were having difficulty reaching a decision.
Rivera faces life in prison if convicted of killing Taylor during a botched November 2007 burglary at the Pro Bowl safety's Miami-area home.
Rivera confessed on police videotape that he shot Taylor after kicking in a bedroom door. But Rivera testified that overzealous investigators coerced his confession and that someone else shot Taylor.
Four others were charged. One has pleaded guilty and the others will stand trial later.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.