Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Hundreds evacuated from fire at Moscow theater
Monday - 11/4/2013, 7:46am EST
MOSCOW (AP) -- Hundreds of people have been evacuated from a Moscow theater after a fire broke out 20 minutes before the start of a matinee performance.
The emergency services say no one was injured in the blaze at the School of Modern Drama in central Moscow.
No cause has yet been determined for the fire, which started between the second floor and the attic Sunday. The emergency services said in a statement that 350 people were evacuated. It took firefighters two and a half hours to extinguish the blaze.
The theater occupies a building that in the late 19th and early 20th centuries housed the Hermitage restaurant, which was frequented by Russia's cultural and intellectual elite.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.