Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Hundreds evacuated from fire at Moscow theater
Monday - 11/4/2013, 7:46am EST
MOSCOW (AP) -- Hundreds of people have been evacuated from a Moscow theater after a fire broke out 20 minutes before the start of a matinee performance.
The emergency services say no one was injured in the blaze at the School of Modern Drama in central Moscow.
No cause has yet been determined for the fire, which started between the second floor and the attic Sunday. The emergency services said in a statement that 350 people were evacuated. It took firefighters two and a half hours to extinguish the blaze.
The theater occupies a building that in the late 19th and early 20th centuries housed the Hermitage restaurant, which was frequented by Russia's cultural and intellectual elite.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.