Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Kanye West charged with misdemeanors in scuffle
Sunday - 9/15/2013, 10:58pm EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Prosecutors have charged Kanye West with misdemeanor battery over a July scuffle with a celebrity photographer at Los Angeles International Airport.
City attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan says West was also charged Friday with one count of attempted grand theft. The rapper's arraignment has been set for Oct. 10 but he is not required to appear if he has an attorney.
Photographer Daniel Ramos claims West punched him in an unprovoked attack and wrestled his camera to the ground during an incident at the airport on July 19.
Prosecutors declined to file felony charges against West, but city prosecutors decided to pursue misdemeanor charges. Each carries a penalty of up to six months in jail or a $1,000 fine.
An email sent to West's record label for comment was not immediately returned.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.