Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Elton John at iTunes fest: 'Magical to be alive'
Saturday - 9/14/2013, 11:34am EDT
LONDON (AP) -- Sir Elton John showed the iTunes generation just how it's done.
Sporting a sequin-encrusted tailcoat, the five-time Grammy award winner gave a slick, flamboyant performance Thursday night at the iTunes Festival in London, mixing new material with longtime crowd pleasers including "Rocket Man," ''I'm Still Standing" and "Tiny Dancer."
Following a recent health scare with appendicitis, the 66-year-old musician told the crowd "this is a magical time to be alive."
He says "I love music now more than I ever did."
He also gave a shout out to singer Harry Styles in the audience, saying "I love One Direction!" -- before closing with "Your Song," a tribute to his partner David Furnish.
John's new album, "The Diving Board," is being released Sept. 24.
The iTunes Festival continues until Sept. 30.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.