Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Elton John at iTunes fest: 'Magical to be alive'
Saturday - 9/14/2013, 11:34am EDT
LONDON (AP) -- Sir Elton John showed the iTunes generation just how it's done.
Sporting a sequin-encrusted tailcoat, the five-time Grammy award winner gave a slick, flamboyant performance Thursday night at the iTunes Festival in London, mixing new material with longtime crowd pleasers including "Rocket Man," ''I'm Still Standing" and "Tiny Dancer."
Following a recent health scare with appendicitis, the 66-year-old musician told the crowd "this is a magical time to be alive."
He says "I love music now more than I ever did."
He also gave a shout out to singer Harry Styles in the audience, saying "I love One Direction!" -- before closing with "Your Song," a tribute to his partner David Furnish.
John's new album, "The Diving Board," is being released Sept. 24.
The iTunes Festival continues until Sept. 30.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.