Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Toby Keith not on board when tour bus catches fire
Monday - 7/1/2013, 12:18pm EDT
LEBANON, Ind. (AP) -- A tour bus for country singer Toby Keith caught fire on a highway near Indianapolis, though the singer wasn't on board and no one was injured.
Lebanon fire chief Jason Lee says the bus was taking crew members to Nashville, Tenn., after a Sunday concert in Chicago when the driver spotted the flames around 4:45 a.m. Monday on Interstate 65.
The fire caused police to close the highway's southbound lanes for a couple hours about 15 miles northwest of Indianapolis.
Lee says firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the rear engine compartment. The fire badly burned the back of the bus, destroying some equipment and personal items of crew members.
Keith is scheduled to perform next at the Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert on Saturday in Norman, Okla.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.