Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Toby Keith not on board when tour bus catches fire
Monday - 7/1/2013, 12:18pm EDT
LEBANON, Ind. (AP) -- A tour bus for country singer Toby Keith caught fire on a highway near Indianapolis, though the singer wasn't on board and no one was injured.
Lebanon fire chief Jason Lee says the bus was taking crew members to Nashville, Tenn., after a Sunday concert in Chicago when the driver spotted the flames around 4:45 a.m. Monday on Interstate 65.
The fire caused police to close the highway's southbound lanes for a couple hours about 15 miles northwest of Indianapolis.
Lee says firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the rear engine compartment. The fire badly burned the back of the bus, destroying some equipment and personal items of crew members.
Keith is scheduled to perform next at the Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert on Saturday in Norman, Okla.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.