Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Deal creates large independent comic publisher
Monday - 6/24/2013, 5:30pm EDT
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- A comic book publisher says it has acquired another firm in a move that creates one of the largest stables of characters and titles of any independent publisher.
BOOM! Studios said Monday that it acquired Archaia Entertainment, whose titles include "Mouse Guard" and "Fraggle Rock." BOOM! will continue publishing its comics and graphic novels under Archaia's own imprint as it expands its roster of titles and graphic novels.
BOOM! did not reveal the price paid for Archaia's intellectual property but says the deal gives a push to Archaia's titles because of BOOM!'s extensive marketing operations and outreach.
Ross Richie, who founded BOOM! and is its CEO, says plans are also in the works to reissue some Archaia works.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.