Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Prince Philip unwell, misses palace reception
Tuesday - 6/4/2013, 12:30am EDT
LONDON (AP) -- Royal officials say Britain's Prince Philip has missed a gala reception at the last minute because he has fallen ill.
Buckingham Palace officials say Philip was "unwell," but added that he will attend a service on Tuesday to mark Queen Elizabeth II's 60 years on the throne.
Officials did not elaborate on Philip's health problem. The 91-year-old royal was due to join the queen at a reception at St. James's Palace Monday evening that featured performances by opera group Il Divo.
Tuesday's service at Westminster Abbey is expected to draw some 2,000 guests to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the queen's coronation.
Philip's health was in the public spotlight last summer when he spent almost a week in the hospital after a recurrence of a bladder infection.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.