Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
10 ways 'All in the Family' tested Edith
Monday - 6/3/2013, 3:12pm EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Edith Bunker had to deal with her trying husband, Archie, and more. Here are challenges that faced the "All in the Family" character played by Jean Stapleton, who made the most of these series highlights. The actress died Friday at age 90.
-- A breast cancer scare that she tried to hide from the family.
-- An intruder's attempted sexual assault, which she thwarted with a hot cake to his face.
-- Fiery clashes between her liberal cousin Maude (Bea Arthur) and conservative Archie (Carroll O'Connor).
-- The mood swings of menopause, which prompted her to turn the tables on Archie and tell him to "stifle!"
-- Fretting that she was a kleptomaniac after absent-mindedly taking a wig from a store.
-- A confrontation with Archie over his broken promise to give up gambling.
-- Enduring a test of faith after a female-impersonator friend is murdered.
-- The discovery that Archie was pursuing an extramarital affair.
-- Losing her job after helping a woman fulfill her right-to-die wish.
-- A stroke that led to Edith's off-camera death after Stapleton decided to move on.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.