Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Sammy Hagar faces appeal of tossed defamation case
Wednesday - 5/22/2013, 8:21pm EDT
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) -- A former Playboy bunny who claims Sammy Hagar fathered her now-deceased child is appealing a ruling that dismissed her lawsuit against the former Van Halen frontman.
The Iowa woman, identified in court records as Jane Doe, filed the appeal Wednesday.
A judge ruled that Hagar didn't defame the woman when he accused her in his 2011 memoir of falsely naming him as the baby's father in order to extort money. The judge noted Hagar didn't mention the woman by name and that she failed to prove the book injured her.
The woman claims she and Hagar had an affair and she became pregnant with his child, who died shortly after birth in 1989. Hagar denied in his book that he was the father and questioned whether she ever gave birth.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.