Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Rookie Conor Daly crashes at Indy 500 practice
Thursday - 5/16/2013, 2:55pm EDT
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Rookie Conor Daly wrecked his car coming through the first turn during Thursday's practice for the Indianapolis 500, the first crash of the month at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Daly came around the first turn, got a little high and spun into the outside wall. The No. 41 car skidded down the track and at one point flew on its side between turns one and two before coming back down. Daly climbed out of the car and didn't appear to be seriously injured. Track safety officials said he was checked and cleared to drive.
The 21-year-old Noblesville, Ind., native drives for A.J. Foyt. He raced twice last weekend in Spain and didn't make it onto the track for practice until Monday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.