Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Protesters picket Barbie-themed house in Berlin
Thursday - 5/16/2013, 12:16pm EDT
BERLIN (AP) -- It probably wasn't the reception Barbie was hoping for at the start of her European tour.
Feminist protesters burned a doll on a cross and left-wing demonstrators shouted "pink stinks" at the Berlin opening of a life-sized Barbie house Thursday.
They far outnumbered Barbie fans who came to see the Mattel toy's fictional Malibu home.
Security guards swiftly ejected the protesters from the site, which is tucked away behind socialist high rises, railroad tracks and a shopping center near the city's gritty Alexanderplatz.
The "Barbie Dreamhouse" in Berlin is the second such theme house after a similar one opened recently in Florida.
It will remain in the German capital until August before going on tour around Europe.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.