Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Protesters picket Barbie-themed house in Berlin
Thursday - 5/16/2013, 12:16pm EDT
BERLIN (AP) -- It probably wasn't the reception Barbie was hoping for at the start of her European tour.
Feminist protesters burned a doll on a cross and left-wing demonstrators shouted "pink stinks" at the Berlin opening of a life-sized Barbie house Thursday.
They far outnumbered Barbie fans who came to see the Mattel toy's fictional Malibu home.
Security guards swiftly ejected the protesters from the site, which is tucked away behind socialist high rises, railroad tracks and a shopping center near the city's gritty Alexanderplatz.
The "Barbie Dreamhouse" in Berlin is the second such theme house after a similar one opened recently in Florida.
It will remain in the German capital until August before going on tour around Europe.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.