Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
NYC park named after late Beastie Boy Adam Yauch
Saturday - 5/4/2013, 6:20pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York City playground where the late Beastie Boy Adam Yauch learned to ride a bike as a child has been renamed in his honor.
City officials on Friday rechristened Brooklyn's Palmetto Playground as Adam Yauch Park. Yauch's parents and fellow Beastie Boy Adam "Ad-Rock" Horovitz attended the renaming ceremony.
The rapper known as "MCA" died last May at the age of 47 after a nearly three-year battle with cancer. The gravelly-voiced Yauch helped make the Beastie Boys one of the seminal groups in hip-hop.
The playground includes full and half basketball courts, a community garden, a greenhouse, a small fitness area, an open play space, drinking fountains, and a dog run.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.