Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
NYC park named after late Beastie Boy Adam Yauch
Saturday - 5/4/2013, 6:20pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York City playground where the late Beastie Boy Adam Yauch learned to ride a bike as a child has been renamed in his honor.
City officials on Friday rechristened Brooklyn's Palmetto Playground as Adam Yauch Park. Yauch's parents and fellow Beastie Boy Adam "Ad-Rock" Horovitz attended the renaming ceremony.
The rapper known as "MCA" died last May at the age of 47 after a nearly three-year battle with cancer. The gravelly-voiced Yauch helped make the Beastie Boys one of the seminal groups in hip-hop.
The playground includes full and half basketball courts, a community garden, a greenhouse, a small fitness area, an open play space, drinking fountains, and a dog run.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.