Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
CNN: Media critic Kurtz to address his own issues
Saturday - 5/4/2013, 1:44pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- CNN says Howard Kurtz will address his mistaken story on gay basketball player Jason Collins on "Reliable Sources," the weekly media criticism show he hosts on the news network.
Kurtz also worked for website The Daily Beast, which retracted one of his stories that suggested Collins had hid a previous engagement to a woman when the basketball player came out as gay. In fact, Collins had disclosed the engagement.
Kurtz and The Daily Beast parted ways Thursday after the retraction.
CNN had said Kurtz's status was under review. The network was also looking into Kurtz's ties to the media website Daily Download.
Spokeswoman Edie Emery would not say Friday whether Kurtz's scheduled appearance Sunday indicated the network's review was complete.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.