Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Alternate jurors selected in Michael Jackson case
Wednesday - 4/24/2013, 2:02am EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Six alternate jurors have been selected for a civil trial over Michael Jackson's death, setting the stage for opening statements next week.
The entire panel was sent home after the alternates were chosen on Tuesday.
The four men and two women alternates were selected after attorneys for Jackson's mother and concert giant AEG Live questioned them for several hours.
On Monday, the jury of six men and six women was chosen.
Jackson's mother filed the wrongful death suit against AEG, claiming it was responsible for hiring the doctor convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the singer's June 2009 death.
The case may last for more than three months.
Dozens of people who weren't chosen to hear the case cheered after being dismissed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.