Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Kim Kardashian says she's ready for childbirth
Tuesday - 4/23/2013, 7:08pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- Kim Kardashian says she's gotten more used to pregnancy, is more comfortable in her skin and is no longer feeling the aches and pains of expectant motherhood.
"Now I think I'm past all the awkward phases and stages, and once you feel the baby kick it's a whole new experience," Kardashian said Monday while attending the E! Network Upfront in New York. "I finally really embrace it. I love it now, but it took a minute. It was a lot, you know, a lot of body changes and stuff."
The reality star has received a lot of scrutiny over how she's chosen to dress her baby bump. For a while she avoided maternity clothes, wearing see-through tops and leather pants. The 32-year-old also opted to still wear designer clothing but in larger sizes that maybe weren't meant for an expectant woman.
Kardashian says she's not only feeling better but is pretty calm about giving birth and isn't nervous.
"At the beginning that was what I feared the most, and now, I mean, it's inevitable," she said. "It's gonna happen. I'm really not worried or nervous."
Kardashian and her baby's father, rapper Kanye West, know the gender of their child but are keeping it a secret. She said she's careful when she goes shopping to not give anything away.
"We buy all white," she said, laughing. "Or we'll go and buy both (girls' and boys' clothing), and then no one will know."
Besides Kardashian's belly, the cast of "Keeping up with the Kardashians" is getting bigger. The upcoming eighth season will include stepdad Bruce Jenner's sons, Brandon and Brody Jenner, along with Brandon's wife, Leah Jenner.
Brandon and Brody Jenner's mom is actress Linda Thompson, who was engaged to Elvis Presley.
Kardashian said it only makes sense to feature her step-brothers on the show.
"Our parents got married when I was 10 years old so people don't see that side of our lives," she said, "but they've been in our lives for so long so it's fun to share that with everyone."
Alicia Rancilio covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow her online at http://www.twitter.com/aliciar
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.