Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
'Transformers' plans casting call on Chinese TV
Thursday - 4/18/2013, 4:12pm EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Reality television in China will help cast the next "Transformers" flick.
Backers of the fourth installment in the blockbuster franchise say four people will win roles through the "'Transformers 4' Chinese Actors Talent Search Reality Show."
The televised series will begin airing in June and will be open to professionals and amateurs. Two of the "Transformers" roles will go to professional Chinese actors and two will go to people with no acting experience.
The judges include "Transformers" producer Lorenzo DiBonaventura and Sid Ganis, former Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences president. He now heads Jiaflix Enterprises, which helped broker a production-assistance deal for the film between Paramount Pictures and China Movie Channel.
Starring Mark Wahlberg and directed by Michael Bay, "Transformers 4" is due in theaters in June 2014.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.