Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Earthquakes forward Gordon suspended 3 games
Tuesday - 4/16/2013, 5:50pm EDT
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- San Jose Earthquakes forward Alan Gordon has been suspended for three games and fined an undisclosed amount for what Major League Soccer called "unacceptable and offensive language" toward an opponent after using an anti-gay slur.
In announcing the penalty Tuesday, MLS Commissioner Don Garber also ordered Gordon to attend diversity and sensitivity training on top of what all teams undergo to start the season.
Gordon was ejected in the second half Sunday after receiving a pair of yellow cards for fouls. But minutes before his ejection, he was seen on the television broadcast using a slur toward Portland's Will Johnson.
Gordon apologized after the match and said his comments don't reflect his views. He already faced an automatic one-game suspension and fine for a red card in the match.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.