Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Ex-catcher Piazza will make ballet debut in Miami
Wednesday - 4/3/2013, 11:51am EDT
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Former Major League Baseball catcher Mike Piazza will be taking center stage with the Miami City Ballet.
The Miami Beach-based dance company has tapped Piazza to play the role of a gangster in the May 3 production of "Slaughter on Tenth Avenue."
Piazza won't be dancing in tights. He'll wear a 1920s-era gangster costume, say a few lines and then watch the rest of the performance from a seat onstage.
Piazza says his turn with the troupe is his gift to his 6-year-old daughter, a student at Miami City Ballet School.
The ballet features gangsters, strippers and an attempted murder plot. It originally appeared as part of the 1930s musical "On Your Toes."
Piazza had 427 career home runs and made 12 All-Star Game appearances.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.