Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
NBC's Wolfe, Gosk, expecting baby in August
Wednesday - 3/27/2013, 11:20pm EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- "Today" weekend anchor Jenna Wolfe says she and NBC news correspondent Stephanie Gosk are expecting a baby girl in August.
A smiling, joking Wolfe made her announcement on NBC's morning show Wednesday, saying, "I'm quite pregnant, actually." The baby is due in mid-August, the 39-year-old Wolfe said.
"You kept a secret pretty good," ''Today" anchor Savannah Guthrie told Wolfe.
In a blog posted on the "Today" website, Wolfe said she and Gosk, 40, were two years into their relationship when they realized they wanted to "share our adventures with a wide-eyed little person."
In a People magazine story out Friday, Wolfe discussed why the couple decided to share news of their pregnancy and relationship. As Wolfe put it: "I don't want to bring my daughter into a world where I'm not comfortable telling everyone who I am and who her mother is."
Other TV journalists who have come out as gay include Anderson Cooper of CNN, Sam Champion of ABC and CNN's Don Lemon.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.