Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Polish police arrest man in philharmonic killings
Saturday - 3/9/2013, 7:50am EST
WARSAW, Poland (AP) -- A Polish official says a suspect has been arrested in the killing of a young female harpist and a security guard in the building of a philharmonic in western Poland.
The two were found dead Friday morning in separate areas of the building of the Lower Silesia Philharmonic in Jelenia Gora.
Violetta Niziolek, spokeswoman for prosecutors, said a suspect was arrested later in the day on Friday and would be questioned Saturday afternoon.
Authorities have described the victims as a 60-year-old male security guard and a young harpist in her late 20s who had traveled from Warsaw to Jelenia Gora to perform in a concert.
Ryszard Zimak, president of the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw, described her as a "very promising harpist" who had performed across the world.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.