Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Valerie Harper to discuss cancer on 'The Doctors'
Monday - 3/11/2013, 7:18am EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- Actress Valerie Harper plans to discuss her brain cancer with some television doctors.
The daytime talk show "The Doctors" said Harper will appear Monday to talk with Travis Stork, Lisa Masterson, Andrew Ordon and her team of doctors.
The 1970s sitcom star has been diagnosed with a rare brain cancer and told she has as little as three months to live. She says her husband briefly withheld the diagnosis from her because it was so dire.
The now-73-year-old Harper played Rhoda Morgenstern on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and its spinoff, "Rhoda."
She's given the full hour of Monday's talk show and is surprised by former co-stars Ed Asner and Cloris Leachman.
NBC says Harper will also be interviewed by Savannah Guthrie on the "Today" show Monday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.