Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
'First Date' to jump from Seattle to Broadway
Thursday - 3/7/2013, 1:18pm EST
AP Drama Writer
NEW YORK (AP) -- "Gossip Girl" writer Austin Winsberg is heading to Broadway with a new musical about finding love.
Producers of "First Date," which played at A Contemporary Theatre in Seattle last year, said Thursday the show will be seen at The Longacre Theatre beginning July 9.
The music and lyrics are by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner, who have collaborated on "Twice Charmed" and the upcoming "Secondhand Lions" stage adaptation. Bill Berry will direct Winsberg's story.
Casting will be announced later.
"First Date" centers on a successful young Jewish investment banker who meets a willful artiste-wannabe at a local bistro. A five-person chorus of diners become various characters -- parents, clergy and old lovers.
In addition to "Gossip Girl," Winsberg has written for "Jake in Progress" and "Still Standing."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.