Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
'First Date' to jump from Seattle to Broadway
Thursday - 3/7/2013, 1:18pm EST
AP Drama Writer
NEW YORK (AP) -- "Gossip Girl" writer Austin Winsberg is heading to Broadway with a new musical about finding love.
Producers of "First Date," which played at A Contemporary Theatre in Seattle last year, said Thursday the show will be seen at The Longacre Theatre beginning July 9.
The music and lyrics are by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner, who have collaborated on "Twice Charmed" and the upcoming "Secondhand Lions" stage adaptation. Bill Berry will direct Winsberg's story.
Casting will be announced later.
"First Date" centers on a successful young Jewish investment banker who meets a willful artiste-wannabe at a local bistro. A five-person chorus of diners become various characters -- parents, clergy and old lovers.
In addition to "Gossip Girl," Winsberg has written for "Jake in Progress" and "Still Standing."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.