Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
'First Date' to jump from Seattle to Broadway
Thursday - 3/7/2013, 1:18pm EST
AP Drama Writer
NEW YORK (AP) -- "Gossip Girl" writer Austin Winsberg is heading to Broadway with a new musical about finding love.
Producers of "First Date," which played at A Contemporary Theatre in Seattle last year, said Thursday the show will be seen at The Longacre Theatre beginning July 9.
The music and lyrics are by Alan Zachary and Michael Weiner, who have collaborated on "Twice Charmed" and the upcoming "Secondhand Lions" stage adaptation. Bill Berry will direct Winsberg's story.
Casting will be announced later.
"First Date" centers on a successful young Jewish investment banker who meets a willful artiste-wannabe at a local bistro. A five-person chorus of diners become various characters -- parents, clergy and old lovers.
In addition to "Gossip Girl," Winsberg has written for "Jake in Progress" and "Still Standing."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.