Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Disney working on standalone Star Wars movies
Thursday - 3/7/2013, 1:50am EST
PHOENIX (AP) -- Star Wars fans have more than just Episodes 7, 8 and 9 to look forward to.
Disney CEO Bob Iger said at the annual shareholders meeting in Phoenix on Wednesday that the company is developing "some standalone movies" featuring Star Wars characters.
The news is likely to set off a new round of speculation about what's in store for the Lucasfilm franchise. The buzz has been at fever pitch levels since The Walt Disney Co. said in October it was acquiring the studio for $4 billion.
Iger didn't say which characters might be featured in the standalone films. Some Star Wars characters such as bounty hunter Boba Fett have been given bigger treatments in comic books.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.