Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Stewart taking 'Daily Show' break to direct film
Wednesday - 3/6/2013, 4:44am EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- Comedy Central says Jon Stewart will take a break from "The Daily Show" starting in June to direct and produce his first feature film.
The network said Tuesday that correspondent-writer John Oliver will host the fake news show for the eight weeks of original episodes scheduled during Stewart's hiatus. The British-born Oliver has been a "Daily Show" regular since 2006.
Stewart is expected back in the anchor chair shortly after Labor Day, Sept. 2.
The film, titled "Rosewater," was written by Stewart and is based on a book by Iranian journalist Maziar Bahari.
London resident Bahari was falsely accused of being a spy and imprisoned by the Iranian government in 2009 while covering Iran's presidential election. Before being jailed, he was interviewed in Iran by "Daily Show" correspondent Jason Jones.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.