Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
MSU hosts famous a cappella ensemble
Wednesday - 3/6/2013, 3:28am EST
BALTIMORE (AP) -- Renowned a cappella group, Sweet Honey in the Rock, is coming to Morgan State University and bringing their unique blend of musical genres with them.
The group will perform at the school's Murphy Fine Arts Center on Thursday.
Organizers say that the singing group possesses a vocal prowess that captures the complex sounds of blues, spirituals, traditional gospel hymns, rap, reggae, hip-hop, and jazz improvisation.
This year is the group's 40th anniversary.
Since 1973, Sweet Honey in the Rock has traveled the world gaining international acclaim for performances that fuse hand percussion instruments and singing with dance and poetry.
Officials say that the group's collective voice produces a sound filled with soulful harmonies and intricate rhythms.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.