Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
MSU hosts famous a cappella ensemble
Wednesday - 3/6/2013, 3:28am EST
BALTIMORE (AP) -- Renowned a cappella group, Sweet Honey in the Rock, is coming to Morgan State University and bringing their unique blend of musical genres with them.
The group will perform at the school's Murphy Fine Arts Center on Thursday.
Organizers say that the singing group possesses a vocal prowess that captures the complex sounds of blues, spirituals, traditional gospel hymns, rap, reggae, hip-hop, and jazz improvisation.
This year is the group's 40th anniversary.
Since 1973, Sweet Honey in the Rock has traveled the world gaining international acclaim for performances that fuse hand percussion instruments and singing with dance and poetry.
Officials say that the group's collective voice produces a sound filled with soulful harmonies and intricate rhythms.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.