Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Leon Lai happy as ambassador for HK entertainment
Wednesday - 2/27/2013, 11:00am EST
HONG KONG (AP) -- Leon Lai says he's delighted to be the ambassador for Entertainment Expo Hong Kong.
The veteran entertainer says he wanted to do something and Hong Kong has a lot of singers and actors, "who are making albums and shooting films here, they're supporting this industry as well."
He spoke Tuesday before the expo starting March 18 that covers film, television, digital entertainment and music.
Lai also says he enjoyed Taiwanese director Ang Lee's "Life of Pi." The special effects-heavy film was made mostly in Taiwan and won four Academy Awards.
But Lai says comparisons to the government support offered in Taiwan are not useful for Hong Kong's film industry.
It depends on what filmmakers ask. He says, "If we have a reasonable request, I think the government will support us."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.