Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Leon Lai happy as ambassador for HK entertainment
Wednesday - 2/27/2013, 11:00am EST
HONG KONG (AP) -- Leon Lai says he's delighted to be the ambassador for Entertainment Expo Hong Kong.
The veteran entertainer says he wanted to do something and Hong Kong has a lot of singers and actors, "who are making albums and shooting films here, they're supporting this industry as well."
He spoke Tuesday before the expo starting March 18 that covers film, television, digital entertainment and music.
Lai also says he enjoyed Taiwanese director Ang Lee's "Life of Pi." The special effects-heavy film was made mostly in Taiwan and won four Academy Awards.
But Lai says comparisons to the government support offered in Taiwan are not useful for Hong Kong's film industry.
It depends on what filmmakers ask. He says, "If we have a reasonable request, I think the government will support us."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.