Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Mental health group gives hugs to Va moviegoers
Saturday - 2/16/2013, 2:40pm EST
WAYNESBORO, Va. (AP) -- Moviegoers got more than just tickets when they arrived at a Waynesboro theater. Volunteers raising awareness about depression and seasonal affective disorder were there to offer hugs.
The News-Leader (http://bit.ly/WzhMYR ) reports seven volunteers held out bowls of chocolate and wore signs around their necks offering free hugs at Zeus Digital Theaters on Friday.
The volunteers were with a local chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness. They also handed out literature about mental illness. The annual event was timed to occur around Valentine's Day.
Twelve-year-old moviegoer Kara Kirby ran over to a volunteer for a hug and exclaimed, "You just made my day!"
Information from: The Daily News Leader, http://www.newsleader.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.