Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
AP Photos: NY Fashion Week's beautiful blur
Thursday - 2/14/2013, 9:50pm EST
For The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) -- Fashion Week is a beautiful, strange and infinitely colorful event. For eight days twice a year in New York City, the fashion conscious delve into a glamorous world of wearable art.
Using multiple off-camera flashes and long exposures, I created photographs that convey movement on a single frame. One shot and one chance to capture the ebb and flow of Fashion Week's diverse cast of characters.
The concept reflects my perception of the event as organized chaos. Bustling crowds, dramatic lighting and a hectic schedule create a visual storm. Many people have seen video clips of a runway show, but far fewer have been there and felt the booming music and the reaction of the crowds.
My black T-shirt and jeans style may be simple but I've always been aware of the energy on those runways. Big things happen there, and I sought to capture that in motion.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.