Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
AP Photos: NY Fashion Week's beautiful blur
Thursday - 2/14/2013, 9:50pm EST
For The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) -- Fashion Week is a beautiful, strange and infinitely colorful event. For eight days twice a year in New York City, the fashion conscious delve into a glamorous world of wearable art.
Using multiple off-camera flashes and long exposures, I created photographs that convey movement on a single frame. One shot and one chance to capture the ebb and flow of Fashion Week's diverse cast of characters.
The concept reflects my perception of the event as organized chaos. Bustling crowds, dramatic lighting and a hectic schedule create a visual storm. Many people have seen video clips of a runway show, but far fewer have been there and felt the booming music and the reaction of the crowds.
My black T-shirt and jeans style may be simple but I've always been aware of the energy on those runways. Big things happen there, and I sought to capture that in motion.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.