Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
'Buckwild' cast member Amin arrested in W.Va.
Monday - 2/11/2013, 5:15pm EST
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) -- A cast member of the MTV reality show "Buckwild" is facing a drug charge in West Virginia.
Twenty-four-year-old Salwa Amin was arraigned Monday in Nicholas County Magistrate Court on felony charges of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. She's being held at the Central Regional Jail on $200,000 bond.
State police say a multi-agency task force arrested Amin and two others late Sunday at a home in Summersville after receiving a tip from an informant. Officers say they found oxycodone pills and heroin.
Jail Administrative Sgt. Rick Drake says Amin doesn't want to talk to the media.
MTV spokeswoman Candice Ashton says the network doesn't have any comment.
"Buckwild" shows wild young West Virginians. It has drawn criticism for what some see as a negative portrayal of the state's youth.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.