Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Harry Potter star Grint changes pace in new film
Saturday - 2/9/2013, 7:20pm EST
BERLIN (AP) -- Harry Potter star Rupert Grint says he enjoyed a change of scene from the young wizard's adventures when he starred alongside Shia LaBeouf in "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman," one of the competitors at this year's Berlin film festival.
Grint plays a drug-addled traveler in the movie, set in Bucharest, which screened at the festival Saturday. One of 19 competing for the event's Golden Bear award, it centers on an improbable romance between an American traveler played by LaBeouf and a troubled Romanian musician, played by Evan Rachel Wood.
Grint played Harry's faithful friend Ron in the Potter films.
He told reporters: "After playing the same character for 11 years, it's nice to do something completely different." He added: "The character was someone who's completely the opposite of Ron."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.