Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Harry Potter star Grint changes pace in new film
Saturday - 2/9/2013, 7:20pm EST
BERLIN (AP) -- Harry Potter star Rupert Grint says he enjoyed a change of scene from the young wizard's adventures when he starred alongside Shia LaBeouf in "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman," one of the competitors at this year's Berlin film festival.
Grint plays a drug-addled traveler in the movie, set in Bucharest, which screened at the festival Saturday. One of 19 competing for the event's Golden Bear award, it centers on an improbable romance between an American traveler played by LaBeouf and a troubled Romanian musician, played by Evan Rachel Wood.
Grint played Harry's faithful friend Ron in the Potter films.
He told reporters: "After playing the same character for 11 years, it's nice to do something completely different." He added: "The character was someone who's completely the opposite of Ron."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.