Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Mexico City holds fashion show on main square
Friday - 11/16/2012, 9:20pm EST
MEXICO CITY (AP) - The tall, lanky models on the runway at a show by the U.S. clothing firm Express may not have been out of place in the fashion world, but they did stick out on Mexico City's vast, wind-swept main plaza.
Passers-by, motorists and taxi drivers stopped Friday to watch the "Rock the Sidewalk" showing of the firm's casual styles, ranging from swim suits to cocktail dresses.
The women's collection featured colors ranging from muted to neon, while the men's fashions were more neutral.
Some of the onlookers expressed delight at the sight of the long, white runway stretched out across the five-century-old colonial plaza.
Seventeen-year-old student Andrea Mendoza says a show like Friday's "encourages people to get to know more about fashion and fashion shows."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)