Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Mexico City holds fashion show on main square
Friday - 11/16/2012, 9:20pm EST
MEXICO CITY (AP) - The tall, lanky models on the runway at a show by the U.S. clothing firm Express may not have been out of place in the fashion world, but they did stick out on Mexico City's vast, wind-swept main plaza.
Passers-by, motorists and taxi drivers stopped Friday to watch the "Rock the Sidewalk" showing of the firm's casual styles, ranging from swim suits to cocktail dresses.
The women's collection featured colors ranging from muted to neon, while the men's fashions were more neutral.
Some of the onlookers expressed delight at the sight of the long, white runway stretched out across the five-century-old colonial plaza.
Seventeen-year-old student Andrea Mendoza says a show like Friday's "encourages people to get to know more about fashion and fashion shows."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)