Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Mexico City holds fashion show on main square
Friday - 11/16/2012, 9:20pm EST
MEXICO CITY (AP) - The tall, lanky models on the runway at a show by the U.S. clothing firm Express may not have been out of place in the fashion world, but they did stick out on Mexico City's vast, wind-swept main plaza.
Passers-by, motorists and taxi drivers stopped Friday to watch the "Rock the Sidewalk" showing of the firm's casual styles, ranging from swim suits to cocktail dresses.
The women's collection featured colors ranging from muted to neon, while the men's fashions were more neutral.
Some of the onlookers expressed delight at the sight of the long, white runway stretched out across the five-century-old colonial plaza.
Seventeen-year-old student Andrea Mendoza says a show like Friday's "encourages people to get to know more about fashion and fashion shows."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)