Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Mexico City holds fashion show on main square
Friday - 11/16/2012, 9:20pm EST
MEXICO CITY (AP) - The tall, lanky models on the runway at a show by the U.S. clothing firm Express may not have been out of place in the fashion world, but they did stick out on Mexico City's vast, wind-swept main plaza.
Passers-by, motorists and taxi drivers stopped Friday to watch the "Rock the Sidewalk" showing of the firm's casual styles, ranging from swim suits to cocktail dresses.
The women's collection featured colors ranging from muted to neon, while the men's fashions were more neutral.
Some of the onlookers expressed delight at the sight of the long, white runway stretched out across the five-century-old colonial plaza.
Seventeen-year-old student Andrea Mendoza says a show like Friday's "encourages people to get to know more about fashion and fashion shows."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)