Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Nobel literature award to be announced Thursday
Monday - 10/8/2012, 9:42am EDT
STOCKHOLM (AP) - The Swedish Academy says it will reveal the winner of the Nobel Prize in literature on Thursday, completing the schedule of this year's Nobel announcements.
The 8 million kronor ($1.2 million) award is one of the highest recognitions in literature worldwide. Last year's prize went to Swedish poet Tomas Transtromer.
The Nobel Prize announcements begin Monday with the award in medicine, followed by physics on Tuesday and chemistry on Wednesday. The Nobel Peace Prize will be announced on Friday and the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences on Monday, Oct. 15.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)