Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Stocks close at record highs as US hiring surges
Wednesday - 7/2/2014, 4:21pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stocks are closing at record levels following news that business hiring surged in June.
Constellation Brands, the owner of Corona and Negra Modelo beer, rose 2 percent after the company said its income soared in the latest quarter.
Delta Air Lines dropped 5 percent after the company said growth in a key revenue figure slowed in June.
The Dow rose 20 points, or 0.1 percent, to close at 16,976 Wednesday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose a point to 1,974. The Nasdaq composite edged down a point to 4,457.
Payroll processer ADP said U.S. businesses added 281,000 jobs last month, up from 179,000 in the previous month.
Bond prices fell. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose to 2.62 percent.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.